Marathon Training Class starts Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 8 a.m. and meets until the Missoula Marathon on July 14, 2013.
Class meets at Runners Edge, 304 N. Higgins Ave. on Sundays at 8 a.m. through March 3. Starting Sunday, March 10 class will meet on Sundays at 8 a.m. at The Loft, 119 W. Main St. Informal and optional group runs will meet on Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at the Runners Edge.
Questions? Email Pam Gardiner.
Missoula Marathon on July 14, 2013 with Run Wild Missoula's training program using Jeff Galloway's run-walk-run program. Jeff Galloway ran in the Olympics in 1972, and has dedicated his career to helping thousands of runners achieve their goals while reducing the risk of injury, using a tested run-walk-run approach to distance. Register here.
More interested in training for the half marathon? Click here for more information about that program, which begins March 10 and runs through July 14, 2013.
Prerequisite: Participants must be able to run/walk at least 3 miles when the program begins.
The 24-week Marathon program costs $99 (plus active.com processing fee), and includes:
* Jeff Galloway's book, Training Programs (new participants only)
* Technical T-shirt
* One year Runner's World magazine subscription
* Pace groups with experienced leaders to meet the needs of diverse participants
* 50% off 3-hour Galloway Running Schools (offered in January and July-- exact date to be determined).
* Water stations and post-run snacks for run 10 miles and longer
* Weekly e-mails to maintain momentum, share information, and answer questions
*Post Class Party
Thank you to Pam Gardiner and John Pitcairn for teaching this class.
This class sponsored by the Cherry Creek Radio, Runners Edge and Wellbuddies Coaching.