“Prescription For Fun” Walk for all ages and fitness levels
Join Run Wild Missoula, Community Medical Center and Parks and Recreation for the “Prescription For Fun” .9-mile or 1.5-mile walk at Fort Missoula Park on Saturday, September 28, at 9 a.m.
· A “just-for-fun” event for all ages and fitness levels—participants may walk any distance or duration!
· All walkers will receive a Community Medical Center walking kit, including a pedometer, water bottle, and the new Parks, Trails and Open Space city map, and a reflective arm band from Run Wild Missoula.
· The walk is part of Missoula’s National Public Lands Day celebration at Fort Missoula—after the walk, please join us for a historical tour of Fort Missoula, volunteer projects and a picnic lunch!
· No fee and no pre-registration is necessary, but walkers should check in at the Fort Missoula Park picnic shelter, near the tennis courts, between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.
· Coffee and refreshments will be served.
The walking trail at Fort Missoula Park has been designated a “Prescription Trail” and Community Medical Center physicians are using the trail to prescribe a walking regimen to their patients to treat or prevent chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, obesity and hypertension. The trail is part of Montana State Parks’ Trails Rx program to connect local medical providers and their patients with parks and trails. “Prescription Trails” and “Exercise Is Medicine” are national movements to strengthen connections between the healthcare system, physical activity and public lands. Call 721-PARK or visit www.missoulaparks.org and www.bikewalkmontana.org to learn more about Prescription Trails. Learn more about National Public Lands Day at www.missoulaparks.org. Fort Missoula Park is located at 3025 South Av. West.