Saturday, March 11, 2017
NEW VENUE!!!! - We'll be moving locations in 2017. This year's start and finish will be at the Iron Giz American Bistro at the University of Montana Golf Course (515 South Avenue West). We're looking forward to exciting new courses.
Participants will get LUCKY with
- Long Sleeve Technical Tee (not available for Kids Dash)
- Chip timing
- Post-race snacks
- Prizes for the overall winners and top finisher in each age category
Registration & Packet Pick Up Info:
- There are NO additional fees for registering online.
- Packet pickup and in-person registration is available the day before the race and on race morning! Early packet pick up will be held at the Run Wild Missoula offices (basement of Runner’s Edge, 304 N Higgins) on Friday, March 10th from 3-6 p.m. You may pick up packets for other race participants at that time, as well.
- Race day packet pick up and registration will be available at the race start from 7:30-8:30 a.m.
Entry Fees: Run Wild Missoula Members receive a $2 discount!
7-Mile fees as follows
- Early Registration: All Ages - $25 - Through February 25th at 11:59 p.m.
- Late Registration: All Ages - $28 - February 26th through March 9th at 11:59 p.m.
- Latest & Race-day Registration: $30 - Packet Pick Up and Race Day
5K fees as follows
- Early Registration - Through February 25th at 11:59 p.m.
- Age 14 & Under - $20
- Ages 15 & Over - $25
- Late Registration - February 26th Through March 9th at 11:59 p.m.
- Age 14 & Under - $20
- Ages 15 & Over - $28
- Latest & Race-day Registration - March 10th Packet Pick Up and Race Day
- Age 14 & Under - $25
- Ages 15 & Over - $30
Kids Dash - FREE! - 400 meter fun run for the little leprechaun's in your family - more information below.
Start Times: (All races will start promptly on time. Please plan for all the "P's" as needed to be at the start line on time - Parking, Packet and Potty :-)
- Kids Run - 9:00 a.m.
- 7-Mile - 9:15 a.m.
- 5K - 9:30 a.m.
Parking: With the new venue, we'll have to get used to some different parking arrangements:
- There are two large parking lots a short walk away
- North of the UM softball and soccer fields (accessed via South Avenue)
- East of the UM Dornblaser track (accessed via Higgins)
- If you park on the residential streets north of the golf course, please do not block driveways, alleys or fire hydrants. (Please be good neighbors.)
- Do Not park in any of the University Housing areas. You could be ticketed or towed.
- The main lot at the golf course will only be available for race officials and volunteers.
2017 Course Maps (subject to final permitting)
5K Course Map
7-MIle Course Map
- Both courses are OPEN to traffic! Race participants must always be aware of traffic and yield to cars unwilling to stop for runners. While there will be numerous volunteers and lots of signage all over the course, runners must still be cautious at intersections! Listen to the course marshal's instructions!
- This race takes place in Missoula, Montana. In March. What does that mean to runners? It means you never know what kind of weather we’re going to have or what the weather will decide to drop on the streets as it passes through, i.e., snow, sleet, rain, etc. Be prepared for potentially slippery surfaces, potholes (watch for puddles!), uneven surfaces, and loose sand and gravel!
- Kids’ Dash: We are again offering a FREE 400 meter Kids’ Dash for your lads and lassies 10 years of age and younger, at 8:45 a.m. on Saturday, March 12th. Participants in the FREE Kids' Dash will NOT receive a giveaway item. A parent or legal guardian may register their child online through March 9th, at 11:59pm.; in person on Friday, March, 10, from 3-6 pm at the Run Wild Missoula office (basement of Runner's Edge, 304 N. Higgins, enter through alley) or at the race start on Saturday March 11th, from 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- Age groups and overall top finishers: Overall and top age-group finisher will be announced after the race and will receive a special prize.
- Age groups are:
- 5K: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
- 7-Mile: 14 &under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
This event would not be possible without dedicated volunteers, and we need a lot! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Jen von Sehlen.
Past Race Results can be found HERE
Thank You to our 2017 sponsors: