Class starts Saturday, March 22 at 8:15 a.m. until the Missoula Marathon on July 13
Class meets at the Runners Edge on Saturdays at 8:15 a.m. and Wednesdays at the athletic fields at Fort Missoula at 5:30 p.m.
Questions? Email Connie Myers.
If you're looking for a low impact way to train for and successfully compete in the half or full marathon, and to develop a network of fun, knowledgeable, encouraging folks of all shapes, sizes, and ages, then this is the class for you! Join the Missoula Marathon or Half Marathon Walking Training Class at the Runners Edge at 8:15 a.m. on Saturdays and at the athletic fields at Fort Missoula at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays.
With the Training Program participants receive:
* Encouragement, coaching and practical suggestions by veteran marathon walkers
* Comprehensive Training Program
* Twice Weekly Group Walks on Saturdays at 8:15 a.m. at the Runners Edge and Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. at the athletic fields at Fort Missoula
* Speakers on Various Training Topics
* Gels or other Nutrition on the 5 Longest Walks
* "In Training for the Missoula Marathon" hats
* Fun People to Train With
* Post Training Class Potluck Party
This class sponsored by the Runners Edge and Cherry Creek Radio.
Run Wild Missoula Rules of the Run
1. Stick to the designated route. We will tell you what the route is, but you are responsible for following it. In most instances, we will not have someone leading the way. Draw a map or write down directions if you need to.
2. RWM discourages the use of headphones. If you choose to use them, you assume the risk of injury associated with head phones. Please be alert, especially when crossing streets.
3. No dogs please.
4. Do not run more than two abreast, especially on busy roads, sidewalks or multi-use trails. Yield to vehicles on the road. They are bigger than you.
5. Be mindful of your language and conversation content during group runs given that we may have some young people joining us.
6. We do not want to leave anyone behind. If you plan to finish your run in a place other than the designated route please tell someone. If you drop out of a run, please contact (or have someone contact) the run leader or Runner’s Edge (if that is where the run is ending- other location if it’s ending somewhere else) so we are not out looking for you.
7. You are responsible for your safety while you are running. Obey all traffic signs and rules. Pay attention to your surroundings.
8. If you are running on a road, please face traffic and run no more than two abreast. If there is a confrontation with a motorist, please be respectful and report any issues to the run leader.
9. If you are injured during a run (or witness an injury), please report it as soon as possible to the run leader.
10. Do not litter on the course.
11. If it is going to be dark during the run: Wear reflective clothing, headlamps and a flasher.
12. If there are people pushing strollers: Those pushing strollers, please stay at the back and be mindful of other runners and traffic. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of the children in the strollers. Children may NOT ride bicycles next to adults during training runs.
Photo by Neil Chaput de Saintonge
Jul 30: Beer Run: Silver Dollar
Aug 05: Tuesday Track
Aug 09: BOP Social Run/Walk
Aug 09: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Aug 12: Tuesday Track
Aug 16: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Aug 19: Tuesday Track
Aug 23: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Aug 24: River City Roots 4-Mile Run/Walk
Aug 26: Tuesday Track
Aug 27: Beer Run: Lolo Peak Brewery