Saturdays at 8 a.m. at the Runner's Edge, 304 N. Higgins Ave. (enter through the alley)
Questions? Contact Hillary Ogg
Cost: Free to Run Wild Missoula members.
Photo by Votography
Need a little inspiration to get out of bed on the weekend? Come join us on our Saturday morning runs at the Runner's Edge at 8 a.m. These runs are geared toward everyone, from the beginner to the advanced runner. Runners can choose to run with other runners, or to drop their stuff and head out on their own. We have routes of 2.5 to 10 miles mapped out for you. Plus, there's free breakfast after your run or walk. We hope to see you there!
Photo by Pat Cross.
Run Wild Missoula Rules of the Run
1. Stick to the designated route. We will tell you what the route is, but you are responsible for following it. In most instances, we will not have someone leading the way. Draw a map or write down directions if you need to.
2. RWM discourages the use of headphones. If you choose to use them, you assume the risk of injury associated with head phones. Please be alert, especially when crossing streets.
3. No dogs please.
4. Do not run more than two abreast, especially on busy roads, sidewalks or multi-use trails. Yield to vehicles on the road. They are bigger than you.
5. Be mindful of your language and conversation content during group runs given that we may have some young people joining us.
6. We do not want to leave anyone behind. If you plan to finish your run in a place other than the designated route please tell someone. If you drop out of a run, please contact (or have someone contact) the run leader or Runner’s Edge (if that is where the run is ending- other location if it’s ending somewhere else) so we are not out looking for you.
7. You are responsible for your safety while you are running. Obey all traffic signs and rules. Pay attention to your surroundings.
8. If you are running on a road, please face traffic and run no more than two abreast. If there is a confrontation with a motorist, please be respectful and report any issues to the run leader.
9. If you are injured during a run (or witness an injury), please report it as soon as possible to the run leader.
10. Do not litter on the course.
11. If it is going to be dark during the run: Wear reflective clothing, headlamps and a flasher.
12. If there are people pushing strollers: Those pushing strollers, please stay at the back and be mindful of other runners and traffic. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of the children in the strollers. Children may NOT ride bicycles next to adults during training runs.
May 10: Tuesday Track
May 14: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
May 17: Tuesday Track
May 21: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
May 24: Tuesday Track
May 25: Last Wednesday Beer Run
May 26: Eat & Run Series
May 28: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
May 29: Missoula Mile
May 31: Tuesday Track
Jun 01: Global Running Day
Jun 04: Pengelly Double, V & Single Dips
Jun 04: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Jun 07: Tuesday Track
Jun 11: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Jun 14: Tuesday Track
Jun 18: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs