"5 Miles to Beer Thirty" - The monthly beer run is a casual fun run open to all runners and all abilities. It's all about getting together with a bunch of like minded knuckleheads, running a few easy miles and getting together for a beverage or two afterward. Each month is held at a different location. What could be a better way to end every month?
Questions? Email Chancellor of Libations Dana Bandy.
Wednesday, August 26: Missoula Brewing Company, 200 International Dr.
Join us at our newest local brewery, the Missoula Brewing Company, home of Highlander Beer. They are welcoming us to their 2,000 square foot tap room, and their outdoor patio on the banks of Grant Creek. Not only does Missoula Brewing Company have great beer, but also excellent artisan pizza and salad. Rumor has it that General Manager Brian Todd will also be on hand to give guided tours to any of us who would like to participate. The run starts at 6 pm from the parking lot. A 3 and 5 mile route will be offered. Click here for directions to the start.
Future 2015 Beer Run Dates
Check back here prior to each beer run for the start location.
Photo by Votography
Run Wild Missoula Rules of the Run
1. Stick to the designated route. We will tell you what the route is, but you are responsible for following it. In most instances, we will not have someone leading the way. Draw a map or write down directions if you need to.
2. RWM discourages the use of headphones. If you choose to use them, you assume the risk of injury associated with head phones. Please be alert, especially when crossing streets.
3. No dogs please.
4. Do not run more than two abreast, especially on busy roads, sidewalks or multi-use trails. Yield to vehicles on the road. They are bigger than you.
5. Be mindful of your language and conversation content during group runs given that we may have some young people joining us.
6. We do not want to leave anyone behind. If you plan to finish your run in a place other than the designated route please tell someone. If you drop out of a run, please contact (or have someone contact) the run leader or Runner’s Edge (if that is where the run is ending- other location if it’s ending somewhere else) so we are not out looking for you.
7. You are responsible for your safety while you are running. Obey all traffic signs and rules. Pay attention to your surroundings.
8. If you are running on a road, please face traffic and run no more than two abreast. If there is a confrontation with a motorist, please be respectful and report any issues to the run leader.
9. If you are injured during a run (or witness an injury), please report it as soon as possible to the run leader.
10. Do not litter on the course.
11. If it is going to be dark during the run: Wear reflective clothing, headlamps and a flasher.
12. If there are people pushing strollers: Those pushing strollers, please stay at the back and be mindful of other runners and traffic. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of the children in the strollers. Children may NOT ride bicycles next to adults during training runs.
Aug 04: Tuesday Track
Aug 08: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Aug 11: Tuesday Track
Aug 15: Huckleberry Run 5K
Aug 15: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Aug 18: Tuesday Track
Aug 22: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Aug 25: Tuesday Track
Aug 26: Last Wednesday Beer Run
Aug 29: River City Roots 4-Mile Fun Run
Aug 29: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Sep 01: Tuesday Track
Sep 05: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Sep 08: Tuesday Track
Sep 12: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Sep 12: Sweathouse Half Marathon