"5 Miles to Beer Thirty" - The monthly beer run is a casual fun run/walk open to all runners and all abilities. It's about getting together with a bunch of like minded knuckleheads, running an easy 3 or 5 mile route and getting together for a beverage or two afterward. Each month is held at a different location. What could be a better way to end every month?
Questions? Contact the Chancellor of Libations
Wednesday, February 24th, 6pm: Tamarack Brewing Company
Our February beer run will start and end at Tamarack Brewing Company, 231 Front Street. The route will be a preview of the 2016 Missoula Marathon Beer Run course so it's a perfect opportunity to learn the course, and to volunteer as a marathon beer run guide (hint hint). We will meet for the start in the parking lot behind the downstairs sports bar and enjoying excellent libations downstairs after the run.
The run starts at 6 pm. A 3 and 5 mile route is available. Headlamps are highly recommended!
Future Beer Run Dates
Check back here prior to each beer run for more details and maps.
Photo by Votography
Run Wild Missoula Rules of the Run
1. Stick to the designated route. We will tell you what the route is, but you are responsible for following it. In most instances, we will not have someone leading the way. Draw a map or write down directions if you need to.
2. RWM discourages the use of headphones. If you choose to use them, you assume the risk of injury associated with head phones. Please be alert, especially when crossing streets.
3. No dogs please.
4. Do not run more than two abreast, especially on busy roads, sidewalks or multi-use trails. Yield to vehicles on the road. They are bigger than you.
5. Be mindful of your language and conversation content during group runs given that we may have some young people joining us.
6. We do not want to leave anyone behind. If you plan to finish your run in a place other than the designated route please tell someone. If you drop out of a run, please contact (or have someone contact) the run leader or Runner’s Edge (if that is where the run is ending- other location if it’s ending somewhere else) so we are not out looking for you.
7. You are responsible for your safety while you are running. Obey all traffic signs and rules. Pay attention to your surroundings.
8. If you are running on a road, please face traffic and run no more than two abreast. If there is a confrontation with a motorist, please be respectful and report any issues to the run leader.
9. If you are injured during a run (or witness an injury), please report it as soon as possible to the run leader.
10. Do not litter on the course.
11. If it is going to be dark during the run: Wear reflective clothing, headlamps and a flasher.
12. If there are people pushing strollers: Those pushing strollers, please stay at the back and be mindful of other runners and traffic. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of the children in the strollers. Children may NOT ride bicycles next to adults during training runs.
Feb 09: Tuesday Track
Feb 13: Catch 'em If You Can
Feb 13: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Feb 16: Tuesday Track
Feb 20: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Feb 23: Tuesday Track
Feb 24: Last Wednesday Beer Run
Feb 27: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Mar 01: Tuesday Track
Mar 05: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Mar 08: Tuesday Track
Mar 12: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs
Mar 13: Run For the Luck Of It
Mar 15: Tuesday Track
Mar 19: Saturday Breakfast Club Runs