Run Wild Missoula
Run Wild Missoula, Inc.’s Member Code of Conduct
Run Wild Missoula’s (“RWM”) mission is to promote and encourage long-distance running, track and field and related activities (including walking, Pilates, core strengthening and yoga) and to educate the public about the health benefits of these activities. To accomplish this mission, RWM provides its members with a fun, friendly club atmosphere where members can safely enjoy running-related activities and can promote the club and community.
The Code of Conduct is created for the safety and benefit of RWM, its members and visitors. It is not meant to dictate all interpersonal relationships and interactions between members or between members and the community. Instead, the purpose of this policy is to set forth the basic principles of decency we expect members to follow so that members can achieve their running goals in a safe and fun environment.
As a RWM member, you agree to:
• Always show respect to your fellow club members;
• Always show respect and appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to help RWM and/or RWM events;
• Refrain from verbal (yelling, taunting, threatening) or physical violence upon anyone at a RWM race, or other club event;
• Refrain from making racial, ethnic, religious, age, sexual-orientation or gender-related slurs or derogatory comments at RWM events;
• Refrain from making unwanted sexual or physical contact with other members, volunteers or members of the community at RWM events. Members shall not act in a manner that can be deemed as sexual harassment, which includes unwelcome sexual advances, unwelcome requests for sexual favors and any other unwelcome verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature;
• Refrain from acting in a manner that disrupts or impedes RWM events;
• Follow all traffic/pedestrian laws and club rules when participating in RWM running events.
Failure to follow the Code of Conduct may lead to a member’s expulsion from RWM.
Violations of the Code of Conduct are to be made in writing and presented to the RWM Executive Director, who shall investigate the circumstances of the allegations and report the findings to the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors shall review the findings of the Executive Director at its next scheduled meeting to determine whether further action is necessary. The Board, in its discretion, may fashion a remedy depending on the severity of the Code of Conduct violation. Sanctions may include, but are not limited to, a verbal warning, a written warning, referral of the matter to proper law enforcement, or the cancellation of RWM membership. The Board shall allow the accused member an opportunity to be heard, either in writing or in person, prior to any cancellation of any RWM membership.