- This event has passed.
National Public Lands Day
Today is National Public Lands Day!
We’re so fortunate to be in Missoula, the heart of western Montana’s public lands – surrounded by lakes, streams, trails, mountains and forests! National Public Lands Day is the nation’s largest, single day volunteer event for public lands. With that being said, there are tons of action items that you can take part in today:
- Trailwork with Missoula Parks & Rec at the Waterworks Trailhead
- Volunteer with the Selway Bitterroot Frank Church Foundation doing trail work on the Roaring Lion Creek Trail outside of Hamilton
- Celebrate with the Five Valleys Land Trust at the Lincoln Community River Park
- Celebrate with Wild Montana with an Equinox Star Party
- Donate to All Nations Health Center
- Register for the Elk Ramble 15K or Virtual 15K and donate to Five Valleys Land Trust during registration
- Learn about the Ancestral Lands where you live with Native Land
- Get out and enjoy the open spaces in and around Missoula!
RWM acknowledges that we are in the homelands of the Salish and Kalispel people. Today, we offer our respect for their history and culture, for their ancient and continuing presence in this landscape, and for the path they have shown us in caring for this place for the generations to come.