Run Wild Missoula
Run Wild Readers
Seasonal Book Club
Run Wild Missoula is excited to introduce this new program starting in September of 2023. Run Wild Missoula members have shown their passion for walking and running in the Missoula community, but many also share a love for reading. Run Wild Readers is aimed at combining those two interests with a focus on running based novels. The book club has made a conscious effort to include books with different points-of-view while understanding the triumphs, struggles, barriers and memories of people that share the sport.
Come for an hour to socialize, relax, and talk through provided discussion points on the book of the season. The titles of our picks are announced by quarters in order to provide ample amount of time for readers to pick up their book of choice and join us for the month(s) that interest them!
- Book title: Slow AF Run Club: The Ultimate Guide for Anyone Who Wants to Run by Martinus Evans
- Date: Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Time: 6:00 pm
- Location: Headwaters Room at the Confluence Center (119 W Main St, Missoula, MT)
- Details: We will meet at 6:00 pm and start with a brief introduction from the group, and proceed to talk through discussion points provided by our group leader- Sarah Raz. If you are needing a copy of this book, Run Wild Missoula has offered to purchase the first fifteen on them! Please contact Sidney to pick up your free (signed!) copy.
- Fall 2023: Slow AF Run Club: The Ultimate Guide for Anyone Who Wants to Run by Martinus Evans
- Winter 2024: Running While Black: Finding Freedom in a Sport that Wasn’t Built for Us by Alison Desir
- Spring 2024: Good for a Girl: A Woman Running in a Man’s World by Lauren Fleshman
- Summer 2024: Once A Runner by John L. Parker
For additional information or questions, please contact Sidney.