Run Wild Missoula
Weekly BOP Run-Walks
*Currently on pause for the winter and will return in the spring*
Are you an avid runner looking to get friends and family involved in your sport? Or, are you (or someone you know), new to running and want to learn all about it? Or, have you fallen off the running wagon and need some accountability and motivation to get you back in the groove?
Tuesday: BOP Run- Walk at 5:30 PM; meet behind Runner’s Edge
Coordinator: Michelle Couture
Thursday: BOP Run- Walk at 5:30 PM; meet in the Currents parking lot at McCormick Park
Coordinator: Michelle Couture
Monthly BOP Socials
Run Wild Missoula organizes Back of the Pack socials on the third Sunday of every month at varying times. We make every effort to schedule these events around RWM and Runner’s Edge races, and other major running and community events. Because that challenge peaks in May and June, we will not be holding BOP socials these months. We encourage you to enjoy the wealth of running opportunities and social settings for hanging out with buddies this time of year.
BOP Run-Walk Socials are held at locations around Missoula, and occasionally in surrounding communities – from Frenchtown to Bonner to Stevensville. Socials are based at parks, restaurants/breweries, or members’ homes. Most socials are potlucks and easy run/walk routes of 2-4 miles are identified for each event.
Here are our upcoming BOP Socials:
- Sunday, December 19th at Bonner Park at 6:00 PM
- Sunday, January 16th location TBD
- Sunday, February 20th location TBD
- Sunday, March 20th location TBD
Do you have questions or need more information? Email Back of the Pack Leader, Pam Gardiner
Run Wild Missoula Rules of the Run
- Stick to the designated route. We will tell you what the route is, but you are responsible for following it. In most instances, we will not have someone leading the way. Draw a map or write down directions if you need to.
- RWM discourages the use of headphones. If you choose to use them, you assume the risk of injury associated with head phones. Please be alert, especially when crossing streets.
- No dogs please.
- Do not run more than two abreast, especially on busy roads, sidewalks or multi-use trails. Yield to vehicles on the road. They are bigger than you.
- Be mindful of your language and conversation content during group runs given that we may have some young people joining us.
- We do not want to leave anyone behind. If you plan to finish your run in a place other than the designated route please tell someone. If you drop out of a run, please contact (or have someone contact) the run leader so we are not out looking for you.
- You are responsible for your safety while you are running. Obey all traffic signs and rules. Pay attention to your surroundings.
- If you are running on a road, please face traffic and run no more than two abreast. If there is a confrontation with a motorist, please be respectful and report any issues to the run leader.
- If you are injured during a run (or witness an injury), please report it as soon as possible to the run leader.
- If it is going to be dark during the run: Wear reflective clothing, headlamps and a flasher.
- If there are people pushing strollers: Those pushing strollers, please stay at the back and be mindful of other runners and traffic. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of the children in the strollers. Children may NOT ride bicycles next to adults during training runs.