Run Wild Missoula
Tuesday Track is scheduled to return to Dornblaser in March 2022, weather permitting.
- March 16 – August 31, 2021, at 6:00 PM. Workouts are held at University of Montana track, at Dornblaser Stadium. Workouts start at 6:00 PM and will include drills around the track (runners separate into 2 – 3 different groups). Runners should warm up on their own, before 6:00 PM, with a 1/2 – 1 mile warm up and cool down post-workout on their own. Please use the bathroom before you get to the track, as the track bathrooms will not be open.
- September 7 – October 26, 2021, at 6:00 PM. Workouts will focus on cross country running in preparation of the annual Montana Cup races. Meet near the parking lot behind the SE corner of Dornblaser Stadium. Runners should warm up on their own before 6:00 PM with a 1/2 to 1 mile warm up. Post workout cool down on their own.
- November 2 through early March 2022, at 5:30 PM. Will meet at Run Wild Missoula (304 N Higgins Ave, basement of Runner’s Edge). Courtney will go over the workout with the group and runners will head out onto the Milwaukee Trail or other good footing location..
Please read through our Tuesday Track protocol here.
These workouts are with the understanding that you are running at least 2-3x a week for a minimum of 3 miles. This is a four week workout progression with the goal of having you join the regular workouts on Week 4.
Week 1 – 6-8x 400m (.25) – take 1-2 mins rest – steady and relaxed, try and keep each one around the same time… don’t go out too fast. It’s better to pick it up as you go and learn how fast you can go and still finish the workout feeling strong. Learning pace comes with doing it more. By week 4 you’ll have a better understanding of what “fast” feels like. This workout is 1.5 to 2 miles total hard running.
Week 2 – 8-10x 400m with 1-2 mins rest – same as last week, just a little further. Goal is to feel stronger going further, not so much about getting faster yet… This workout is 2.0-2.5 miles of hard running.
Week 3 – 3x 800m (.5 miles) , 3x 400 – all with 2:00 rest – Steady and relaxed, consistent pace is the goal. Practice positive self talk as you start to go longer. This workout is 2.25 miles of hard running.
Week 4 – you can start to join in the regular workouts…. and adjust as needed! You got this. We are all stronger than we think 🙂
For more opportunities with Courtney, follow @Key2running on Instagram or Key Running w/ Courtney on Facebook.
Cost: Free to Run Wild Missoula members.
Tuesday Track is a great way to get your speed workout in (no matter your speed!) each week and take advantage of workouts led by Coach Courtney Babcock, a former Olympic athlete. Workouts change location and focus depending on the time of year. Read on below for an explanation of different locations and specific dates, or click here for a write up on Tuesday Track.
Questions? Email Coach Courtney Babcock.
Run Wild Missoula Rules of the Run
1. Stick to the designated route. We will tell you what the route is, but you are responsible for following it. In most instances, we will not have someone leading the way. Draw a map or write down directions if you need to.
2. RWM discourages the use of headphones. If you choose to use them, you assume the risk of injury associated with head phones. Please be alert, especially when crossing streets.
3. No dogs please.
4. Do not run more than two abreast, especially on busy roads, sidewalks or multi-use trails. Yield to vehicles on the road. They are bigger than you.
5. Be mindful of your language and conversation content during group runs given that we may have some young people joining us.
6. We do not want to leave anyone behind. If you plan to finish your run in a place other than the designated route please tell someone. If you drop out of a run, please contact (or have someone contact) the run leader so we are not out looking for you.
7. You are responsible for your safety while you are running. Obey all traffic signs and rules. Pay attention to your surroundings.
8. If you are running on a road, please face traffic and run no more than two abreast. If there is a confrontation with a motorist, please be respectful and report any issues to the run leader.
9. If you are injured during a run (or witness an injury), please report it as soon as possible to the run leader.
10. If it is going to be dark during the run: Wear reflective clothing, headlamps and a flasher.
11. If there are people pushing strollers: Those pushing strollers, please stay at the back and be mindful of other runners and traffic. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of the children in the strollers. Children may NOT ride bicycles next to adults during training runs.