Run Wild Missoula
Monthly BOP Socials
Run Wild Missoula organizes Back of the Pack socials on the third Saturday of every month at varying times. We make every effort to schedule these events around RWM and Runner’s Edge races, and other major running and community events. Because that challenge peaks in June, we will not be holding a BOP social that month. We encourage you to enjoy the wealth of running opportunities and social settings for hanging out with buddies this time of year.
BOP Run-Walk Socials are held at locations around Missoula, and occasionally in surrounding communities – from Frenchtown to Bonner to Stevensville. Socials are based at parks, restaurants/breweries, or members’ homes. Most socials are potlucks and easy run/walk routes of 2-4 miles are identified for each event.
Here are our upcoming BOP Socials:
- June 2023 BOP social will be paused
- Due to the heavy involvement and lead up to the Missoula Marathon weekend, it proves difficult to hold our social in June. We will have our socials start back up in July!
- July 2023 BOP social will be happening on Sunday, July 16th.
- Run/Walk Location: Frenchtown Pond State Park
- Time: 9:00 AM
- Notes: We will walk/run as a group around the bike trails of Frenchtown Pond and then reconvene for our potluck social. Pace and distance is entirely up to you! We have reserved the West picnic shelter (located on the far right once you turn into the park). Please bring some food to share with everyone!
- August 2023 BOP social will be happening on Sunday, August 20th.
- Run/Walk Location: Fort Missoula Regional Park (Bitterroot Shelter by the tennis courts)
- Time: 9:00 AM
- Notes: We will walk/run as a group around the trails around Fort Missoula then reconvene for our potluck social. Pace and distance is entirely up to you! We have reserved the Bitterroot Shelter (located next to the tennis courts on Fort Missoula Rd). Please bring some food to share with everyone!
Do you have questions or need more information? Email Back of the Pack Leader, Pam Gardiner